Monday 12 December 2011

Wishing you a very merry Christmassy decorating season

Last week I decided it was time for Operation Tree.  Last year I decided that I had to choose either classy or trashy as my Christmas theme, weighed up the relative merits of a new carpet vs a real tree and opted for a white tinsel version.  It's fabulous.

The previous occupants of the flat left behind some Christmas decorations to which I and gifts from Sam have added.  The net result is rather, erm, glitzy.




Inherited glittery santas, snowmen and pressies from old occupants and tinsel filled baubles from my Mum.  (Admittedly the donation was probably a result of my Dad point-blank refusing to put any more baubles up on the already over frocked tree, but nice anyhow.)



Classy wooden decs from last year's festive trip to the markets of Berlin.  Mostly I got these to prove I had bought something other then gluhwein.  Basically a far more awesome version of mulled wine if you've never had it.  And perfect for warming up in sub-zero temperatures!


New tiny baubles from Paperchase.  These gold glittery ones are the BEST.


More from Paperchase, this time in a vintage style.  My folks have some ancient ones in this style and they're by far my favourites.


Quite an effect I'm sure you'll agree.  And....


Voila.  *takes a bow*

The white things hanging from the curtains are fake icicles.  They're spiky but cool and add a certain je ne sais quois I think.

The only fly in the ointment is that I need to get something other than an angel for the top...or at least one that's more Dolly Parton than the current Martha Stewart-esque one, which is ruining the trashy theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment