Thursday 8 March 2012

Do you remember...?

Do you remember the time when a Thursday night out with friends meant meeting at 5.30pm straight from work for happy hour cocktails in some awful bar because it was cheap, eating was cheating and dicing with Trafalgar Square in a drunken attempt to find the right night bus was par for the course?

I do.  But I don't really remember the point at which it changed to meeting at 6.30 as everyone has work to finish, for one or two glasses of nice wine, a sit down dinner and home to bed at a single figure pm hour, which it is now.  The funny thing is, I don't mind.  I was the one yawning at 9pm tonight shocked to realise it wasn't actually any later and relieved when going home was suggested!

Now, don't despair dear readers, I'm not ready for my granny slippers and cocoa quite yet.  There are still many Thursday nights when I am led astray by a group of friends.  When grabbing a kebab en route from the gallery where the free beer has finally run out to the pub is met with quizzical looks from my compatriots and the clock strikes 11pm and I only realise because they're calling last orders but even then, it's far tamer than my younger self would have thought possible.

Thanks to facebook though, at least there will always be the photos... x

Trafalgar Square, June 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment