Monday 11 June 2012

Moving on

After 5 years on near-abouts in Shoreditch it feels like it's time to move on to pastures new.  Or y'know, pasture-esque as opposed to inner-London council estate chic, at least, not out of London but outer-London so to speak.  It took a long time to find my place in London and it does feel like home here...albeit a home I wish people would clean up a bit and stop spitting on.  Seriously, spitting is revolting you oiks, it does not make you cool.  But I'm ready for a new home, with Sam, and since I deal with change so well and never freak out, it should be fine...oh, right, yeah, I freak out over changing my mind, let alone my London Borough.  This could get rough.

I think the thing keeping me sane in amongst all the hassle of saving money, finding tenants for my flat, negotiating with letting agents, banks, mortgage providers and all the other myriad things I am slowly becoming aware that you need when becoming a landlady, is the excitement of having a new place to 'play house' in.  This is where the lovely house blogs people have come in.  Some people do crack, others flick through endless pictures of bookshelves in ever more perfect formulations (colour coding books, fyi, = heaven).  The Guardian has been putting in some stellar service with pics of perfectly arranged book shelves, stripped wood floors and beautiful vintage furniture.  Apartment Therapy is gold and Bodie and Fou's blog, with the emphasis on white, stark but calming is also a must view.  I never really got to grips with my own flat - I have never spent enough time here to do much more than sleep, let alone bring it to life - but I have high hopes of starting afresh with a new place, albeit we'll be renting, which in a way I suppose, removes a lot of the stress of decorating i.e. actual DIY, which I loathed.

Hmm...there's packing and so many other arduous chores to do yet but I feel a bit brighter about the prospects already...  x

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/gallery/2012/jun/06/living-room-design-ideas-in-pictures



http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/gallery/2012/jun/06/living-room-design-ideas-in-pictures#/?picture=385617265&index=17


No comments:

Post a Comment