Monday 6 June 2011

A few pictures from the weeks just gone

In the last few weeks I have been....


witness to a Mods convention on Carnaby Street.  This man was my favourite, leopard print with cream, tweed with perfectly pressed trousers.  The best bit was that this was when the Barcelona fans at the pub right by this starting doing their football chants (Why? Why do they do that?) and the Mods responded with a healthy chorus of 'We are the Mods'.

I left soon after as the smell of petrol fumes became overwhelming to check out an exhibition by Stik...which was pretty disappointing actually, nothing like as good as the pieces on the walls near me.


We also checked out the Tate a bit and saw a Roy Lichenstein sculpture and...


...a large wooden plug suspended from the ceiling.  Hmm....


Then to Covent Garden in pursuit of shoes where we saw an upside down busker hanging from a tree (times are hard it's all about the USP I suppose)....


...and ate enormous ice creams from a little boutique-y shop I can't remember the name of.  Doh!


Spotted on Bethnal Green Road.  I appreciate the trend for fake lashes but, erm, really?


I made chicken and ham pie.  I prefer it with mushrooms but apparently I'm surrounded by weirdos who hate them.  Pft.


And last but not least on this random post, I saw these this morning at Liverpool Street station and thought I was hallucinating...  How do they get them like that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment