Thursday 30 June 2011

Oddities on the way to work

There I was, quietly minding my own business, walking to the station to get to work the other morning and a series of sights stopped me in my tracks...


I think this is a drama/ dance school not a cult...although, having done a lot of dance I imagine a cult would not be that different.  They were standing in a circle swaying.  In fairness not half as weird as coming back the other Monday from the airport in the middle of the morning and finding a field full of black-clad people pretending to be cats.  Think George Galloway making a prat of himself on Big Brother and you're half way there.  I was feeling too ill at the time to take pics of that though unfortunately.


Then I turned down a quite side street, which is pretty posh considering it's right by the train line, and found that someone had set up a tyre graveyard overnight.  Where did they come from?  Where did they go? Complete mystery.


I hit the cross roads, thinking, hmmm, that was a bit odd and saw this.  Now, I may at times walk along with my eyes closed for all I manage to take in, but I'm fairly certain this lamp post was at the usual 45 degree angle to the ground the night before rather than listing drunkenly.  Everyone else seemed to be taking no notice so I took the photo to assure myself it wasn't just my hazy morning focus.


And then, lastly, as I walked down the road to the station, someone had burnt the bin down in rather an artistic fashion.  The bin still functions, clearly, but has since been joined by a new, non-burnt down bin, for what purpose I'm not sure as this one is still there.  Half arsed local council?  I suspect so.

I find mornings confusing at the best of times, what with not properly waking up until after lunch, but this was the oddest for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment