Monday 5 September 2011

Weekend antics


Another weekend, another wander about.  After spending all day re-arranging my lounge furniture for the millionth time…a habit I’ve inherited from my Mum…I went out for a lovely dinner with friends in Battersea, aka the wilds of south London Town, and a few drinks.  Well, more than a few actually but anywho.

Sunday we went to the King Robbo fundraiser at Cargo, which was rubbish.  I’m all for helping with a charitable donation (£5 minimum on the door) but the graffiti art and artists doing pieces were sadly absent, the music was ear-bleedingly loud for a Sunday lunchtime and it had been raining outside and was too wet to sit anywhere.  So far so annoying.  Then I got into a stand off with the bar staff. 

Me: Two cans of coke please.
Barman: That’ll be £6.
Me: Are you joking? (I honestly thought he was taking the mick as I was clearly hungover.)
Barman: No, £6.
Me: Seriously? For two cans of coke?
Barman: *looks a bit awkward*
Me: Well I’m not paying that. *walk off*

I was somewhat cheered to hear a lady later on having the same exchange but it really was a rip-off so we left after about an hour and mooched towards Brick Lane and sat on the pavement for a bit before Sam and I decided my sofa might be more comfy and we did have Star Wars to watch and curry to order…

This cheered me up though, good at hoola hooping, bad at backwards window spelling…



Silver brick spotted!  One of many apparently out to promote Shoreditch Unbound, a new book thing.  Very exclusive, dah-ling.



And then this morning on my way to work the nice people* at Santander had arranged for a giant F1 car made of giant lego to be assembled in the square.


*Yes, I know they’re evil, useless bastards but some of them must be alright.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment