Friday 18 March 2011

Video Girl

Ok...so not a video like that, clearly.  But I did spend 10 minutes on Sunday afternoon being filmed as a 'cool east London type' (not my description - I can hear you sniggering at the back there) for Ivan's new film.  You can see some of his other fabulous stuff here.

Luckily there aren't any pictures of me (other than the film - doh!) as I looked like I'd been run over by a truck after a civilised dinner party at mine rolled into a night of cocktails and dancing at the Redchurch.  That place is lethal.


Pre-filming, on location....  A backstreet off Brick Lane, next to a garage, some graffiti and a bin.  I expect Julia Roberts started off in exactly the same way, no?


Whilst waiting for my close up I noticed a tiny, tiny little door on the wall.  I love the Alice in Wonderland element to this and am reliably informed that there are lots in east London, some with mice/ rats.  I will post more if and when I find them.


In other news I have this last week discovered HP (Brown) Sauce.  Having for years spurned it due to the slightly off putting colour and lack of description (I will NOT east something if I don't know what it is) I was finally coaxed into it and it's actually very nice.  I also discovered from someone who's eaten there that they even have it at the White House.  True.  Fact.

I'm off to the Isle of Wight again this weekend and I am really, really looking forward to some proper seaside time.  I love living in London but being landlocked (the Thames does NOT count) all the time sometimes feels quite claustrophobic so a bit of wide open space will be a fabulous antidote.

No comments:

Post a Comment