Friday 18 February 2011

Toilet Candy...no, really.

There I am, standing in Coffee@ on Brick Lane waiting for the lovely folk to serve me my large flat white with an extra shot (some days you need that extra shot), perusing Mystic Meg's useful  life advice on the counter top


and what should catch my eye?


Toilet Candy.  Is it just me or is this a new, dizzying height in bad taste successfully scaled?


Bit of a blurry shot here as I felt a bit self conscious being the weirdo photographing the toilet based confectionery, but I think you can see what they've achieved here.

I can see it now: "So, little Jimmy, would you like a Curly Wurly?  Some chocolate buttons?  No?"  "I want toilet candy!!!"  Gross.  Jimmy's poor mother will never be the same again after purchasing bog-sweets for her little darling.

In other news but on a similarly random tangent I walked home from the cinema yesterday after watching The Fighter, which was excellent if you're interested, and went past this at 11pm:


Yep, all your fresh fruit and veg needs catered for.  At 11pm.  Who does their shopping at that hour?  Mind you, now I come to think of it what with my hectic life recently, perhaps this is an unforeseen necessity for the modern citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment