Wednesday 11 May 2011

The week’s events

I have been a bad blogger and taken off at weekends enjoying myself and then *gasp* actually working at work closely followed by going out again to enjoy myself.  It’s a tiring lifestyle but I’ve garnered a few cool snapshots along the last week to make a start.

So, starting off with Thursday’s trip to Vyner Street in Bethnal Green for First Thursday.  First Thursday is basically when everyone East with a passing interest in art and/ or drinking congregates around Vyner Street to get drunk on the pretext of there being new art in all the galleries there.  The art was alright, there were some cool paintings of bones and some drawings that looked like the characters from the washing powder ads BUT I did then spot some more STIK men on the side of the road.  



We then went for more drinks (in for a penny…) at the Redchurch (I never learn) and saw yet another one.  Bonus.


On Saturday there was a trip to Brighton for the day to occupy me.  I used to live in Brighton as a student and I really love it down there, the seaside, the kooky shops and the potential for infinite people watching.  Some of our fellow daytrippers decided to cycle down from Clapham, we got the train and had a lie in and a wander and a coffee and then met them.  It’s up to you which you think was the better option…

Brighton is a bit of a place of two halves, the 'real' and the 'surreal'.  Watching a dancing 'bride' on her hen do and then realising she had an audience above falls into the latter.



We sat on the beach and got thoroughly blown about by the wind, had a few drinks in the pubs around the South Laines and ate fish and chips in the presence of a very menacing seagull.  I then slept all the way back to London Town as I was tired, what with having not cycled anywhere and having had a lie in.  *cough*




This slightly surreal sight greeted us on our return home from lazing on Wandsworth Common on Sunday...small boy + bike + many, many balloons...  I half expected him to start floating upwards.  He didn't though.  *sigh*


Last night whilst wandering around Soho having dinner I saw this giant switch on the side of a building.  I’m not sure what it’s for, I can only assume it turns off London or something.  Probably.


And last but not least I would like to show off a little as this is a picture of my latest attempts at green-fingered-ness – two chilli plants grown from seed.  Ta-da!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for your chili plant! Just when I thought I couldn't become more middle aged, I have become addicted to growing plants and naming them all with their own pet names

    xxx

    ReplyDelete