Friday 5 August 2011

Bow

This week I took a trip to Bow (on a very hot and sweaty no. 8 bus) for a Shoreditch Sisters WI Committee Meeting…waaaay less formal than it sounds to be honest.  There was tea, biscuits and discussion of possible Christmas party events alongside whether or not cheese and crochet ought to be brought together and what was involved with musical bingo.  Serious stuff basically.


On the way there I passed two fairly contrasting elements, directly opposite each other.


First off, this sculpture, a somewhat obvious attempt to jazz up the council estate, although it seemed like a nice new estate anyhow so there probably wasn’t too much need I was thinking until…


…I spotted this scene opposite, which the flowers had distracted me from.  Barbed wire and what looks like a guard tower over looking a children’s play area!!!  The sun was shining so the picture came out a bit dark but I think you get the idea.


East London Town is an odd place sometimes and it doesn’t always do itself any favours!

No comments:

Post a Comment